19.4.10

Getting started...

My spot is reserved and I bought my first pair of real hiking boots a couple days ago. If that doesn't make it official, I don't know what does.Whew!
I, Andrea Matte, am going to climb to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro in January 2011 to raise $8,000 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation!
In doing so I'm going to help make at least one child's special wish come true… A child who may not have the opportunities that I've had. A child who is suffering from an illness that threatens his or her life. A child that might not have the luxury of saying “someday”…


It is very exciting. It's also very humbling.

Are you wondering why I'm doing this?
Read: "My story: Why & More"

Over the next 9 months I will work (very very hard) to raise $16,000 ($8000 to cover my personal expenses and $8000 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation). I was going to set the goal at $12,000 but a girlfriend told me I should set my sights higher and see what happens. I’m doing just that. Thanks Isabelle… here goes nothing!

Despite the fact that I'm a little worried about raising so much money - I have a number of ideas buzzing through my head. A ladies brunch, a basketball tournement, a clothing swap, spaghetti dinners, community BBQ’s, a pub crawl, bake sales, a silent auction, a portrait party, give-aways on my blog… I'm going to try to get local schools and businesses involved. I want to get people excited about this - about the the foundation and what it does - about a young mom taking on a project like this - about the children - about someone (me) doing something.

But before I get to any of that. Before the real fun begins… before my Make-A-Wish donation site is up and running… I’m going to make my first request.
If you can spare $5, $10, $25… whatever you think is reasonable… would you consider helping me get started? Would you consider supporting me?
**Click here if you’re ready to help.
**Check out my "equipment needed" list if you have stuff you're willing to lend.
**Contact me if you have any questions.

I'm hoping to be blown away by your response!

A.

________________________________________________

For more information on the Make-A-Wish Foundation:
http://okwithandrea-kili2011.blogspot.com/p/about-make-wish-fais-un-voeu.html

For more information on the Kilimanjaro Expedition:
http://okwithandrea-kili2011.blogspot.com/p/about-kilimanjaro-2011.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment